Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Reason.


Before I get into any recipes, tips, or stories that are to become the basis of this blog. I feel as if I need to layout my reasoning behind doing this. I've been reading food blogs for probably about two years now and the idea to start one of my own had never really dawned on me. Up until about a week ago.

I started cooking my Junior year of high school. I was overweight at the time and wanted to cook myself healthy meals so that I could drop a few pounds. These meals usually consisted of some burnt type of meat and some microwaved vegetables. Not exactly deliciousness. After reading food blogs, food magazines and watching the food network I started to realize that healthy food and tasty food could go hand in hand. With the help of my new found guides, the food I started to cook tasted pretty good. My parents had started to take notice and before you know it I was putting dinner on the table for my family nightly. There was still a hunger for more. A challenge almost. Could I take these ingredients and turn it into something decadent? One things for sure if I couldn't I was sure as hell going to keep trying until I could.

Out of this grew a passion. I read numerous cookbooks searching for the best way to do this or the quickest way to do that. One of my favorite things about cooking is that it is both an art-form and a science. It's a lot like life in that, you can display all the creativity you want, as long as you stay within the rules. Cooking also brings people together; what's a birthday without a cake or Thanksgiving without a turkey?

That's where this blog comes in, I want to share my passion. Also, I want to spread my joy to others. So I encourage you to come along for the culinary journey I plan to take on. Who knows you might just learn a thing or two?

No comments:

Post a Comment